I love candles, making them, using them and of course giving them as gifts. They are extremely versatile and can be used in so many different areas to create moods and atmospheres including home decor, garden, dinner parties, bathroom and aromatherapy.
I always make candles made from soy wax, this is because they are eco-friendly and have so many more advantages in comparison to the common paraffin wax candles.
Advantages of Soya Wax
- made from soya wax a bi-product of the soya bean
- is a renewable source, grown in many regions
- gives a clean burn and does not produce too much black soot
- does not release harmful toxins & carcinogens into the atmosphere
- is biodegradable
- last longer due to a slower burning time
- holds scent well
- made from petroleum, which is a non-renewable source.
- contain carcinogens which are released when burned.
- burns to give a black soot which can collect on surfaces.